• April 30, 2015 at 1:11 pm #14452
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Samuel, I have another question for you. Last year I got two employer letters for my work experience and they signed them. Both letters are in english though, because I thought that the embassy requires all documents in english language. Should I translate them in greek also or is only english ok?

Also, because I was born in a foreign country, my vaccine document that contains my information, name, place of birth etc. is in albanian not greek. But the vaccine names are in english. E.x. DTP, HepB-0 etc.

Should I contact the doctor of the embassy here in greece and ask him if he wants me to translate the whole paper in greek?

Thanks

April 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm #14455
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex!

Last year I got two employer letters for my work experience and they signed them. Both letters are in english though, because I thought that the embassy requires all documents in english language. Should I translate them in Greek also or is only English OK?

In fact you are dealing with a US embassy so no need to translate any document as long as it’s issued in English.

Also, because I was born in a foreign country, my vaccine document that contains my information, name, place of birth etc. is in albanian not greek. But the vaccine names are in english. E.x. DTP, HepB-0 etc.

Should I contact the doctor of the embassy here in greece and ask him if he wants me to translate the whole paper in greek?

For this one, the doctor who will do the medical examination will need to know about your vaccination history and records, so bear in mind that they will not understand Albanian and you need to translate either into Greek or English, better Greek.

Some official instructions for you:

– Contact one of the designated physicians to arrange your medical exam. Explain that the examination is for an immigrant visa application and give the physician the date of the interview appointment. The physician will tell you the cost of the examination and tests.

– Obtain the following records and bring them to your medical examination:
    – Your vaccination immunization records
    – Any prior chest x-rays
    – Copies of your medical history records
    – Your passport, identity card, laissez-passer, or travel document

– Attend your medical examination on the date and time you scheduled.

source: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-examination.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.