The annual East Meets West event is back this year with international speakers, breakout sessions, more pitch and networking opportunities in a virtual platform. No pandemic can stop thought leaders in coming together to help others in the community. Another thing that is worth noting is that all ticket proceeds from East Meets West 2021 shall be donated to Hawaii Food Bank.
You can find below the important details of the event as published in their official website:
Virtual Event Details
When: February 24- 26, 2021, 2pm-4pm HST
Details: Each day will look as follows with new and rich content (all times in HST)
2:00PM – Opening Panels
2:30PM – Breakout sessions/sponsor roundtables
3:30PM – Concluding sessions
4:00PM – Networking
February 24: Remote Work’s Impact on Economy & Society
Liza Rodewald (Instant Teams)
Michele Kauinui (Altres)
Nicole Lim (Movers and Shakas)
Moderator: Chenoa Farnsworth (Blue Startups)
February 25: Connecting the Future
Ashwani Jain (Airmeet)
Stefan Opsal (RendezView)
Sam Liang (Otter.ai)
Moderator: Casey Lau (RISE)
February 26: Bringing Tourism Back Responsibly
Chris Hemmeter (Thayer Ventures)
Jessica Blotter (Kind Traveler)
Kalani Kaʻanāʻanā (Hawaii Tourism Authority)
Moderator: Maya Rogers (Tetris, Blue Planet Software)
These are the roundtable topics that you might be interested in. More topics shall be announced soon:
- Finding A Co-Founder (Kyle Corbitt, YC Startup School)
- Prepping Your Seed Raise (Aubrie Pagano, Corigin Ventures)
- Hawaii As A Remote Work Paradise? (Clint Chao, Moment Ventures)
- Pandemic Opportunities (Carman Chan, Click Ventures)
- The Future of Seed Funds in the Era of Mega Rounds (Stephen Forte, Fresco Capital)
- 2021 Investment Trends (Edith Yeung, Race Capital)
- Raising Money: Series A and Series Seed Factors (Chris Hemmeter, Thayer Ventures)
- Emerging Market Investing (Jeffrey Paine, Golden Gate Ventures)
- Strategies for the Japanese Market (Takaho Iwasaki, MajiConnection)
- Smart Batteries for Micromobility (Terry Hsiao)
- Scaling Your Sustainability Story (Amy Brinker, Kamehameha Schools)
- Creating Your Narrative (Meli James, Mana Up)
- Digitization in Healthcare (Lu Zhang, Fusion Fund)
- Transmedia, Digital Lifestyle, and the Metaverse (Ryan Wang, Outpost VC)
- Launching a Startup in Asia (Gene Soo, StartupsHK)
- Startup Opportunities in the Greater Bay Area (Ben Wong, Eureka Nova)
- Agriculture is the Answer (Danya Hakeem)
- Innovations and Investments in H2O: Why Water? Why Now? (Kim Baker)
- Exposed: How COVID is Accelerating the Equitable Development of Smart Cities (Nneka Uzoh)
The Intrapreneurship Leadership Program 2020
Meet investors, like-minded entrepreneurs, and new partners at East Meets West Conference, an annual event dedicated to building bridges to startup communities across the Pacific. Join #EMW20 here.
East Meets West is right around the corner! Building partnerships in a globally connected world is critical, especially with the rise of the Asian consumer and businesses. Come learn more about global startup trends including cutting edge innovation, influencer marketing and sustainability trends at East Meets West. Interact with prominent international investors from throughout Asia and the U.S. at the East Meets West conference.
The topics for this year will include:
- Sustainable Futures: Climate, Oceans and Waste Reduction
- Artificial Intelligence: All Hype or Too Real?
- The Future of Work: The Rise of the Digital Nomad
- The Intersection of Wellness & Technology
- Reinventing Education – Can Edtech Make a Difference?
- Non-traditional Funders and Founders
East Meets West 2018
Last February 2018, the startup event of EastMeetsWest was held in Hawaii, it effortlessly brought together honorable investors and entrepreneurs from North America, Hawaii, and Asia. Brilliant ideas were imparted by international speakers which brought out the hottest topics, pitch opportunities, and ample networking!
In this conference, TravelTech, Social Impact technologies and Blockchain were focused. The two days brought to life the advances of these technologies.
Who were the Keynote Speakers?
The following amazing personalities brought the finest information in their area of expertise.
DAVID IGE, the Honorable Governor of the State of Hawaii
STEPHEN FORTE, the Co-founder and Managing Partner of Fresco Capital
HENK ROGERS, the awesome President and CEO of Blue Planet Energy
SAM GELlMAN, the brilliant Senior Design Manager of Uber
DECLAN KELLY, the Head of Investors of Web Summit
JULIAN HOSP, the bright Co-founder and President of TenX
NATALI ARDIANTO, the hardworking Co-Founder and CTO of Tiket.com
COVADONGA BASELGA, she is the Corporate Strategist of Amadeus Ventures
MAYA ROGERS, the awesome President and CEO of Blue Planet Software
DAWN LIPPERT, CEO of Elemental Excelerator
MELI JAMES, the bright Co-Founder of Mana Up, and at the same time the President of HVCA
EDITH YEUNG, the head of 500 Startups Greater China
JOYCE KIM, the hardworking Managing Partner of SparkChain Capital, and the Co-Founder of Stellar
BLAINE KAHO’ONEI, the Senior Business Development Manager of Heroku
REBECCA BRANHAM, the Co-founder of B&L Group, Inc
EDWIN HAWKINS, the Executive Director of the Office of Economic Development
RAHUL SOOD, is the CEO of Unikrn
MARK DE GROH, the Principal of the Republic Good
JOHN KAAIOHELO, the Special Advisor to CIO, Telenor
ANDREW CHAPIN, the Co-Founder and CEO of Benja
MIKI TOMITA, Co-Founder of Education Intubator
NEIL HANNAHS, the founder and CEO of Ho’okele Strategies LLC
KEONI LEE, the Co-Founder of Waiwai Collective
AMY BRINKER, the Sustainability Manager of Kamehameha Schools
KAMUELA ENOS, the director of Social Enterprise of MA’O Organic Farms
TONY BLANK, the amazing Senior Developer Evangelist of SendGrid
MARGOT SCHMORAK, the CEO and Co-founder of Hostfuly
RICHARD R. VULYSTEKE, the president of the East-West Center
STEVE PETRANIK, the Editor of Hawaii Business Magazine
DAVID AI, the Director of Knowledge and Transfer Office at the City University of Hong Kong
MICHAEL HWANG, the Managing Director of Bigbang Angels
OSCAR RAMOS, the Partner and Program Director
CHRIS HEMMETER, the Managing Director of Thayer Ventures
CARMAN CHAN, the Founder and Managing Partner of Click Ventures
These honorable lecturers were given the recognition they earned through an intimate conference with the lecturers.
How much was the payment of the Conference?
The payment started at a rate of $95, it provides access to the Conference. It had a free lunch and reception until Feb 2. Meanwhile, the ticket for Summit and Conference was at $995! It was inclusive of the Intimate VIP Summit at Kualoa Ranch.
Participate more in conference startups! You will bring more learnings from the deep-dive learning opportunities given by the speakers!