At the end of the show I’ll list out some of those products and see if anyone wants to try them out in 2015! OK, now let’s jump into the show –
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Intro Jimi
- On Terry Lin’s Build My Online Store podcast Episode 8 a couple years ago for those who want to tune in
- Experience with Geekcook
- Doesn’t use traditional distributors. I seek out partners that fit my brand and we do the distribution in house
- Fab – what is up with them these days?
- Trade show experience
- Tools and methods you use for building relationships with these distributors
- How does China fit into this?
- Some of the common import / export and financing terms used in your work flow
- What are you currently found online?
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Mission50 coworking space in New Jersey
- Build my online store podcast Episode 8 Jimi was on a couple years ago
- geek supply co (previously GeekCook USA )
- B2B = Business to Business
- B2C = Business to Consumer (e-commerce online)
- Fab.com Flash Sales
- ifttt If This Then That automation
- Fab is now turning into a furniture business – Hem
- PO – Purchase Order
- SKU = stock keeping unit, 1 item in your inventory list
- Woo .com ?? Need to confirm, couldn’t hear clearly.
- Net 15, Net 30, Net 60 – how many days from the invoice until you get paid (15, 30, or 60 days)
- Net 30 – 2 = can get paid before 30 days but need to pay a 2% fee of the invoice amount to do so.
- Drop Ship – shipping from supplier directly to the consumer (skip the retailer)
- FOB = Free on Board
- Sales contract – agreement with the retailer on the terms of your deal, terms, quality of product, return policy
- Marketplaces – so many now these days, some below
- Open sky
- Rakuten Japanese marketplace retailer in USA now
- Buy.com bought by Rakuten
- Black Friday – biggest sale day in USA before Christmas holiday.
- Brit and Co
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Jimi’s newest venture – Geek and Gentlemen
- Jimi’s twitter @OlaghereJ
- Jimi’s email: jimi @ geeksupply.co
Episode Length 45:31
Thanks Jimi, you rock! It is so amazing to me – and that a random hello at a coworking space and him seeing a catalog from Geekcook can make it this far! And I am interested to see if I can help match some more people up like that – I’ve been in China even more years since then, so if you are interested in seeing I can personally match you with a Chinese factory looking for a US distributor partner, let me know.
Some of the product lines are women’s sandals, sofa covering and home goods, bluetooth headphones , camera bags and cases, and portable batteries. If there are other categories you like, let me know – these are some suppliers I have known for years and also want to make sure you are serious too so let’s talk first together before i connect you with my contact cool? Want to get started? Click below and let’s see if we can find the right Chinese supplier to be your long term partner.
And enjoy the holiday season, stay warm, and appreciate the people and things around you – i have been a lot more positive past few months and it has seriously helped me in business and in life. talk later
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!