Thanks everyone for tuning in, episode 34 of the show – I have to say, I am a bit exhausted – I slept in a Chinese hospital 4 nights last weekend as my wife had early pregnancy false alarm….that is a blog post in itself coming soon – life is definitely an adventure and we need to embrace it – that’s all I’ll say there.
So today’s episode goes into the startup world again, but I truly believe this can be applied to all businesses – Paul Orlando, is extremely passionate about this global movement where small pocket communities of entrepreneurs and business people can gather together to build a great support network. He shares his insights in Hong Kong, as well as for all those other communities where entrepreneurs may get a bit lonely working alone on their projects. So let’s dive in!
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Introduce Paul Orlando
- What exactly is an Emerging startup community?
- The importance (or is it) of community for startups
- Thoughts on Hong Kong for business
- Bootcamp and then Accelerator HK – can you share the story here
- An example / case study of how communities help a startup
- Is it all about “Startup” or can this be applied to “normal businesses” as well?
- Talk about your new book – startup sacrilege
- Ways listeners can reach out to you.
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Paul’s book – Startup Sacrilege for the Underdog Entrepreneur
- Startups Unplugged
- Twitter – @porlando
- community of USERS – not community of startup friends
- Hong Kong benefit – get to know people fast
- Hong Kong setback – negligible to small market
Episode Length: 30:13
thanks for that Paul – and actually next week we’ll interview T from Taxiwise, a co-founder there on his experiences, as well as his recent news of selling their company in Hong Kong! I’ll be here, cranking out more podcasts too. That’s a wrap!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!