Now onto the podcast notes (wish I had mentioned that on the audio too!)
Recording this at a very special and delicate time for Hong Kong – I’m sure many of you have heard about the protests happening in Hong Kong by students looking for democracy – well to be more clear, the right to vote from a ballot of people that are not pre-selected by Beijing. I try to not get political, but the main idea is when Hong Kong was handed over and transformed from a British to Chinese colony, the 2 systems 1 country rule emerged and has been a haven for business people like us for doing business in Asia with the Western business practices. Let’s hope this continues, and also let’s hope that everyone stays safe while they practice their freedom to assemble and protest.
Let’s get to business, this week we have another Kickstarter crowdfunding episode with Martin Kessler, a German entrepreneur living and working in Hong Kong. He has experience with a couple kickstarter projects, and he shares openly and we learn a lot so let’s listen in:
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Intro Martin Kessler
- We first met a couple years ago and had moved over from Guangzhou to Hong Kong, care to share that process and why?
- Phonejoy, did a good job on Kickstarter, can you share with listeners what the product is
- Kickstarter, how was the process of getting it set up
- Strategy of doing Kickstarter first, and then Indiegogo
- PR gaining strategies
- Used Agents?
- How was fulfillment?
- Difficulty doing it in Hong Kong?
- Fundraising in Hong Kong
- Advantage doing it in Hong Kong?
- Do you recommend others to do it here?
- What are you up to these days?
- How can listeners reach out to you?
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Founder Institute Hong Kong
- MVP is a Minimum viable product
- 1 month before launch do PR (public relations)
- Pebble Watch
- California accountant
- Indiegogo allows Paypal and more international
- Only Credit Card (Amazon payments) on Kickstarter
- EIN – employer identification number in USA
- Redhare fulfillment in hk
- Amazon fulfillment
- Twitter – kesslerhk
- email him – martin @ kessler.hk
Episode Length 25:15
Thanks Martin for coming on the show and sharing – you rock! quick update on my book – Hong Kong Business Supercharged, I am set on launching it on November 1, about 50,000 words now and I am in the second draft. Spend at least 2 hours each morning to write, and it helps to set firm times to work and when you have your rhythm – I’ll share my experiences writing a book and getting on Kindle in the future episodes, cheers guys see you next week!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!