So this week’s episode we are talking to my friend Joe Constanty who has launched his brand from Kickstarter from China, Hong Kong, and USA at the same time – and truly has a global team and operation – between Shanghai, China – Southern China for production, and distribution in Las Vegas – Joe is a pro! So without further ado, let’s hear from the man himself!
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Welcome Joe Constanty, introduction
- Kickstarter, i went to your launch party campaign, and am wearing your Pencils right now, pretty sweet, can you tell us about how it got started
- I noticed you have a very well balanced cross border team, pretty awesome – was / is that hard to manage, any special tips on all the various cultures and languages ?
- Pretty cool idea how you donated proceeds to a good non profit – can you share about that?
- How about company setup – China, USA, Hong Kong?
- Fulfilling your kickstarter, how was that process, you shipped b2c direct from China, or?
- What suggestions do you have for those wanting to launch on kickstarter?
- What about after the Kickstarter, how has it been going?
- A little chance to plug your company and product – how can listeners check it out?
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Joe’s company – theutlab.com/pages/shanghai The UT Lab (not currently online)
- Mike was wearing his theutlab.com/products/trainer-pencil-yellow Pencil shoes (not currently online)
- Frog design
- The Nine Limited – world of warcraft distributor in China
- Tyvek paper
- Teach for America foundation
- Best places to form a company in USA – Nevada, Delaware, Wyoming
- shipped to 58 countries, Used 4 different shipping providers
- Consolidate, De-consolidate – unifying or combining shipments
- Boxc – for China to USA and Canada distribution
- Singapore Post
- Crowdtilt for pre-sales
- New Ninja shoes kickstarter
- Email Joe at -> joe @ theutlab.com
Episode Length: 22:15
So we have some good timing with him on the show and the launch of his 2nd kickstarter campaign and I’m happy to promote it on this blog. I am a backer in his first campaign and loving the pencils. The Ninjas look awesome and hopefully some of you listeners support Joe and his team !
Til next time everyone!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!