and Michael Eagleton from FABAPC brands in Shenzhen, who shared it a couple times this week on his linkedin and I’m so appreciative – and Chi-Wai Li who is a regular listener and founder of getfit.hk,who also left a voicemail for us
So that is a new thing I just added to the blog on globalfromasia.com/voicemail – you can record a quick message and I’ll work it into future episodes – can be questions, comments, followups – and I know people like to hear more about other listeners experience, I’m also so happy to hear from you
And thanks everyone for the positive support again on the last show – I will try to get more Hong Kong logistics and warehousing and fulfillment companies to interview in future episodes – it is such a complex process and many are hesitant to share on a podcast
Ok, and now for this week’s show – we have Steve Barnes back with us – I got an email alert from him a week or so ago about some big updates in the Hong Kong investment visa approval process and so I thought it would be a good chance to get him on the show. We went through the basics of it on episode4 – so listen there if you want that – but today we talk about some of the current challenges as the approval process for getting an investment visa here is tightening.
Topics Covered in this Episode
- Brief introduction of Stephen Barnes and his Hong Kong Visa Service company
- On the show with us in episode 4 – thanks for coming back!
- Investment Visa, what it is and who its for.
- So I got your email update about your alert it’s getting harder to get a Hong Kong investment visa, can you explain?
- So then basically, you need more money to get it?
- Entrepreneurs in Hong Kong and out of Hong Kong, thought process of considering a Hong Kong visa
- Comparing an Investment visa to an Employment visa to a Student visa, and a Tourist visa. Putting it all together, which one is for who, and why.
- Those Hong Kong companies in Mainland China (Like me) or in Southeast Asia or other countries, how they are treated
- Diving Deeper into the Investment visa for entrepreneurs and small to medium sized businesses
- How about those business people who have a Hong Kong investment visa already? Are they also subject to stricter rules?
- How about Hong Kong “guanxi” or connections who can write letters?
- Newbie tip for a Foreigner in USA or Europe looking to make the move to Hong Kong to startup.
People / Companies / Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Hong Kong Visa Geeza’s notice of Hong Kong investment visa application approval update
- Stephens’ free guide – Hong Kong Visa Handbook
- Hong Kong University with 1 year MBA program – podcast coming soon!
- Hong Kong Visa Geeza’s youtube video
- Cyberport Hong Kong
- Speaking at Mensa Hong Kong – http://mikesblog.com/mensa
- First Forbes China entrepreneur show link
Episode Length 26:08
Thanks Stephen he also video taped it on the show and it will be on his youtube channel – I will post that on the show notes here at globalfromasia.com/episode42 – I’m so happy to have Steve in the Hong Kong business community – he shares his knowledge so openly.
He mentioned the 1 year MBA programs in Hong Kong as a good way to start getting yourself into Hong Kong business, I think that is a good topic for a future show and I will start to look for some people to interview for that.
Next week we will have a topic about how to get recruited to work in Hong Kong and Asia, while in your home country in the west with Justin Leung from Ambition Hong Kong – so see you next week!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Android: Listen via Stitcher Internet Radio streaming
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!