UPDATE: Since writing this post, I have recorded more and more podcasts about merchant accounts. Worldpay offshore merchant account application process and Trying to Get Stripe to Come to Hong Kong. Will work on more and more.
I hope this sheds some light on the whole accepting credit cards for Hong Kong bank holders, and I will work on getting more solutions soon as well. If you do apply for AsiaPay, I’d love to hear your feedback on the process. I know how critical this issue is for everyone – and if listeners can also share tips for Small to medium sized businesses based in Hong Kong can get a merchant account opened to accept visa and master card credit cards from their customers.
Topics Covered in this Episode
- History of Asiapay and how Jo Chat started it
- Their solutions for large scale enterprises, and small and medium sized enterprises
- Setup fees and discount rate (% of the transaction taken) typically offered
- Accepting payments in China via Alipay
- SouthEast Asia payment solutions in Philippines and Thailand
- Application process, typical length
- Getting started